Monday, August 18, 2014

Project 52 - August 2014 {7}

Week 7 - Summer Slam Tournament

This week's theme is the Summer Slam Volleyball Tournament at Chula Vista in the Wisconsin Dells.  It is the biggest pre-season tournament in Wisconsin for volleyball with 48 Varsity teams and 18 JV/Freshman teams.  Oshkosh West High School's volleyball team was there and rocked it!

My daughter is on the team and I went with so I decided to make the best of it and take my camera and make it my theme.  This was my first time going to a tournament and had no idea what to expect.  They had 16 fully sized courts with games going all the time.  We got there Friday morning and started playing right away.  There were 13 girls making up the team and they all played extremely well!  It was great to see these girls growing as individuals and a team every year.  I could tell they were "on" and was hoping they could make it last through the day.  

They played 4 games the first day and won every one of them!  They were very happy and left the tournament that night feeling good.  Most families stayed in the same hotel or in the area so the girls got together to go shopping, swim in the pool and just have fun.  While I worked on editing the images I got from that day.  

The morning of the second day, I was barely awake and just took in all the games going on and tried to focus on if there were any volleyballs coming at me!  I think just about everyone got a ball that was very close to hitting them!  Oh well, it made it interesting and kept you on your toes.  

The team just kept on winning game after game.  It was unreal but very exciting too!  Finally it came down to the championship game.  This was it.  Could Oshkosh West JV volleyball team pull it off and win the whole enchilada?  It was a very exciting game and you could tell the girls were getting a little tired (on both teams).  But they were amazing and won both matches to win the championships!  

Wow!  That was an awesome time and the girls should be proud of themselves for their accomplishments.  If this is any indication of the season to come for them, it will be a great one!  Good luck West JV volleyball team!  























No comments:

Post a Comment