Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Project 52 - week 9

Week 9 - Church

I love old churches and Oshkosh has plenty of them!  I was dragging my feet getting started this week because it was so humid outside.  I just wanted to stay inside!  LOL  

Finally on Friday I got out to take a few pictures of churches in Oshkosh, WI.  I had about 3 or 4 churches done and was heading home when I got a call from my neighborhood friend.  She wanted to get some ice cream and wanted to know if I wanted to come with.  Anyone that knows me, knows I LOVE ice cream!  So of course I said YES!  Haha  I was telling her about my project theme this week and she decided to show me around the city for some other great old churches.  I'm so glad she did because there were a few I would have never found and love them.  

There is just something about old churches and their architecture that I love.  It just amazes me when these building were built and how detailed they are.  It makes me wonder how many men and how many hours it took to finish.  They don't make them like this nowadays! 

I went back out on Saturday, in-between showers, and shot the churches my friend showed me the day before.  I wanted to do it before I forgot where they where!  I did get sprinkled on a little bit but nothing bad.  In one of the pictures towards the end, there are a couple rain drops on my lens.  Can you pick out which one it is?   Comment below.

I would love to see if these churches would let me shot the stained glass from the inside.  Maybe another week's theme!

Enjoy!
























No comments:

Post a Comment