Monday, July 28, 2014

Project 52 - July 2014 {4}

Week 4 - Numbers

~ Pictures are now uploaded and ready for viewing! Thanks for your patience. ~

I started off this week not knowing what to make my theme this week.  It was a very busy week so I really didn't know when I was going to find the time.  In the town of Oshkosh, WI we have an air show every year called EAA AirVenture and it is big, like 500,000 people big!  Our small town gets over run by tourists for a week every year!  Everything is busy and the hotels are booked.  So booked that people rent out their homes to tourists.  We decided to try this out last year and it worked out very well.  The two couples that stayed at our house were very nice and everything was the same when we got back from our vacation.  We decided to post our home for rent again this year and have two men staying that are working at the air show.  They assured us they are "calm" people that have houses of their own and will look after our home for us.  I had to laugh at this!  While it's very nice to know this and hope that everyone that stays at a rented home treats it better than their own, it's just funny that they had to say this to us.  I hope they enjoy our home as much as we do.

OK, sorry, got a little off track!  When you rent your house out, you want it (or at least I do) to look it's best so I've been cleaning for a couple of weeks but this week was the final push to get it all done. I was working almost all day cleaning and getting everything ready that I just didn't have it in me to even think about Project 52.  But I made myself do it because I knew I wanted to and would be disappointed in myself if I didn't.  So, I took an hour or so out of cleaning and took a walk downtown Oshkosh to look for numbers.  With my Nikon D610 fitted with a macro lens, I played the "I spy with my little eye" and walked up and down Main Street.  It was a beautiful afternoon and it's interesting what you see when you're looking at the little things.  I saw all great ideas for future themes!

I walked into Crescent Moon antiques to find some numbers.  I knew they'd have some cool old stuff!  Well of course they did but they were closing right then.  The owner did let me take a couple pictures before I had to go.  She actually got a little excited about it and led me to some items to shoot.  She was really nice and I'm glad I was able to get some images.  If you're in town you must go visit her shop.  She's great and she has some really awesome vintage items!

As my husband was driving down 9th Avenue and I was looking at the sights of the town, I noticed that someone's actual address is "666."  Can you believe that?!?  I'm sure this is not uncommon but I had never seen it before.  Plus, I've gone down this street many, many times and never noticed it before.  I don't know if I'd buy or even rent a house with that address.  Even if it was my dream house!  Just a little too creepy for me.  What about you?

Well, I edited the images real fast and I was done for my theme.  Yay!





















No comments:

Post a Comment